Contributed By: Adventures in Freeze Drying
6 Theater boxes of Junior Mints will fill 4 medium trays*
- Set the temperature of your Freeze Dryer to 135, I always have my machine set to 24 hours of extra dry time, you will only need 4-6 hours to freeze dry these. (You can also run these on a piggy back from another candy run at 135)
- Start your machine and let it cool for 15 minutes
- While your machine cools, line your trays with parchment
- Spread Junior mints out in rows 5-6 mints across in 12-13 rows per tray
- Put the trays in the machine, turn the Candy Mode Button to On, and then press Skip Tray Warm, the machine and pump will both turn on within 20-30 seconds.
- Time is machine and environment dependent.
- Store Appropriately (See Tips and Tricks for storage help)
* Extra Large Tray = 15 Cups/Tray Large Tray = 8 Cups/tray Medium = 6 Cups/Tray Small = 4 Cups/Tray Cycle times & rehydration for reference only. Your results may vary.