A Freeze Dried Pantry Recipe
Contributed By: Live. Life. Simple.
1 pound of Medjool Dates will make about 1 medium Tray*
- Add 2 cups of water to a high powered blender, add 15 Dates to the water, and puree until smooth.
- Line your tray with parchment, and then spread the date puree out onto your tray, do not fill more than half way.
- Repeat step 1 until your trays are filled half way.
- Add dividers set to 40 portions.
- Freeze until frozen solid (this will save a lot of time in your machine)
- Change the initial freeze setting on your freeze dryer to -20℉, set the dry temp to 135℉, save and hit Start. Let your machine cool before putting the frozen date puree in. Run a regular Freeze Drying Cycle, not a Candy Cycle.
- Freeze Dry
- Pull out the date puree, remove dividers, and put in the freezer.
- Defrost your machine.
- Freeze Dry again, using the same settings from step 6.
- Let sit a few minutes once removed from the machine, then powder.
- Store Appropriately (See Tips and Tricks for storage help)
First cycle 40+ hours (no pre freeze) Second cycle 8 hours
Use instead of white cane sugar, in coffee etc.
* Large Tray = 8 Cups/tray Medium = 6 Cups/Tray Small = 4 Cups/Tray
Cycle times & rehydration for reference only. Your results may vary.
There are no comments for this article. Be the first one to leave a message!