Contributed By: Adventures in Freeze Drying
This recipe makes enough Smoothie to fill 2 medium trays and is 3 servings.*
- Add all ingredients into a large blender and blend together until smooth
- Pour mixture evenly between two trays
- Add dividers in the 40 configuration, this helps it to freeze dry faster and more evenly
- Cover with a lid and freeze until frozen solid
- Freeze Dry
- Pull out dividers,then powder frozen smoothies in a dry blender.
- Get a mass of your smoothie powder, divide mass by 3 to know how much mass per smoothie (mine was about 126 g per smoothie)
- Store Appropriately (See Tips and Tricks for storage help)
26 ½ Hours
Measure out exact mass, or add the amount of powder you want.Put powder in a shaker bottle or jar and add 2 C of cold water, and shake, let sit for 5 minutes and shake again. Add more water to make thinner, or more powder to make thicker. Repeat and then enjoy.
* Extra Large Tray = 15 Cups/Tray Large Tray = 8 Cups/tray Medium = 6 Cups/Tray Small = 4 Cups/Tray Cycle times & rehydration for reference only. Your results may vary.