Contributed By: Live. Life. Simple.
This recipe will yield 5 cups (great for 1 small or medium freeze dryer tray)*
*All dogs have different dietary requirements. Please consult a professional and alter this recipe if needed based on your dog's age, breed, activity level etc.
- Cook meat of choice by baking, smoking or grilling
- Boil or bake sweet potatoes and broccoli. Allow chopped broccoli to sit for 30 minutes before cooking for maximum health benefits. If your pet will have trouble with larger chunks, mash or process to a smaller size or make a paste for certain ingredients.
- Rinse and cook rice, black beans and lentils. You can also prepare the rice and beans in a non oily broth for extra flavor.
- In a large mixing bowl add all ingredients and mix by hand or with a stand mixer
- Mix until desired texture for your dog
- Add to silicone or pre cut parchment paper lined freeze dryer tray and add tray dividers to make ½ cup portion sizes.
- Freeze dry and Store Appropriately (See Tips and Tricks for storage help)
- Consult your vet for proper portion size for your pet
33 hrs 20 min
⅔ Cup of water per ½ cup serving square
* Extra Large Tray = 15 Cups/Tray Large Tray = 8 Cups/tray Medium = 6 Cups/Tray Small = 4 Cups/Tray Cycle times & rehydration for reference only. Your results may vary.