Contributed By: Hallie Thompson
Fills 4 Medium Trays*
- In a 6 quart pan, add ½ of the broth, and all ingredients except potatoes and cream. Cook for 8-10 minutes over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. (Add more broth if needed)
- Add potatoes and rest of the broth making sure vegetables are covered by at least ½ inch of broth. Add more broth if needed.
- Bring mixture to a boil, cover and reduce to a simmer for 20 minutes or until you can easily pierce potatoes with a fork.
- Remove soup from heat and add heavy cream, stirring until blended.
- Blend soup in a blender until smooth (may need to do multiple batches in blender and mix back together in a bowl)
- Let cool, add to freeze drying trays and freeze until frozen solid.
- Freeze dry
- Store Appropriately (See Tips and Tricks for storage help)
Slowly add boiling water, stir let sit for a few minutes and repeat until desired consistency is reached